The radiant water capillary cooling technology provides air cooling in a different way
- Radiant cooling ceilings (with plaster, lined with plasterboard or metal panels) and built-in water capillary mats connected to a single system, contain cooled water at a temperature of +16–17°C.
- A ceiling panel acts as a heat exchange element between the indoor air and cooled water in the water capillary mats.
- The ceiling absorbs heat from the heat sources in the room, exchanging the circulating cooled water.
- The circulating water is continuously pumped to the chiller, cooled and pumped back to the ceiling through the water capillary mats.
Water capillary mats clearly outperform conventional air conditioning:
Water capillary mats achieve an optimal indoor climate but need a minimum of energy and space, whilst conventional air conditioning systems reach their limits!
Studies have proved that people working in rooms cooled by water capillary mats feel better and are more productive.
Water capillary mats are appropriate for high temperatures and high humidity
Convective water capillary cooling devices for cooling/ dehumidification
- In hot and damp climate zones complementary convective water capillary cooling devices are used for surface cooling to avoid condensation.
- Convective water capillary devices are able to cool and to dehumidify buildings.
Water capillary mat ceiling plus convective water capillary cooling device: solution for hot and damp climate zones
- The combination of a water capillary mat ceiling and a convective water capillary cooling device ensures low room temperatures and low humidity without condensation.
- Water capillary mats are plastered at the ceiling or can be installed with precast ceilings.
- Ceilings are the largest free surfaces in rooms.
- Cold water runs through the water capillary mats – cool air falls down from the ceiling.
- Temperature spreads out evenly.
- For new buildings and for the renovation of existing buildings.
- For residential and office buildings, shopping malls, hotels, industrial buildings, etc.
- Quick installation by trained and skilled personnel, such as fitters and plumbers.
- Invisible, flexible, and minimum space requirement.
- 80 – 90% of ceiling surfaces can be used for installation of water capillary mats.
- The combination is an ideal solution for climate zones with extremely high temperatures and humidity such as coastal areas of the Gulf region, South America, Central and South Asia (like India, China, Malaysia, Singapore etc.).
Groundwater – alternative and efficient source for cooling
Cooling using water capillary mats with a connection to water well: